Regional Children’s Services operates four programs across 3 communities, these include:
- Flexible Long Day Care Centre at Wurrumiyanga – Jirnani Child Care Centre
- Two Crèche Services at Pirlangimpi Crèche and Milikapiti Crèche.
- Outside School Hours Care at Wurrumiyanga, Pirlangimpi and Milikapiti
- Vacation Care at Wurrumiyanga, Pirlangimpi and Milikapiti
- Families as First Teachers (Wurrumiyanga only)
The programs provide activities that nurture and strengthen child development through quality learning, quality environment and quality practise. Each program implements a Quality Improvement Plan under the regulations of the National Quality Standards.
The Families as First Teachers is a transition program from home to school that supports and strengthens families’ knowledge around Early Childhood development for children from birth to preschool.