Closing Date: 19 October 2018
PLUMBER - Self Certified
- The opportunity to make an impactful and lasting difference to our community
- Full time, fixed term contract
- Based on the Tiwi Islands
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Tiwi Islands Regional Council
The Tiwi islands are located 80km north of Darwin in the beautiful Arafura Sea. There are two islands, Bathurst and Melville with a total land mass of 8320sq km. The islands are home to the Tiwi people, who have a strong affiliation with their land, a distinctive culture and language. There are school and medical facilities on the islands, with regular plane, passenger ferry and barge services operation to Darwin.
The Plumber will take responsibility for repairs and maintenance to all infrastructure for Tiwi Islands Regional Council (TIRC) and provide assistance to external customers when required. The plumber will also be responsible for providing effective leadership and training to housing personnel and provide technical advice to achieve best practice for new works and repairs. The officer will also be required to travel between all the communities across both islands to complete works when required.
Selection Criteria - Essential
- Formal qualification in the plumbing industry; Plumbers and Drainers Association of NT Licence and Gasfitters Licence. Registered Qualified Plumber.
- Proven experience to plan, facilitate and manage plumbing maintenance programs
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills and an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Experience in stock / materials management
- Experience in maintaining associated records and paperwork to adhere to compliance standards
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Experience in working in a cross cultural environment and ability to communicate sensitively with Aboriginal people is essential
- A current Australian driver’s licence and the ability to acquire other licences if required
Your application will be required to include a current CV and a written response supporting your ability to meet the selection criteria.
The Selection Criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered. Please attach copies of relevant qualifications with application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 12 October 2018
For all enquiries please contact the Human Resources team at Tiwi Islands Regional Council on 08 8970 9523.