Closing Date: 2 November 2018
- The opportunity to make an impactful and lasting difference to our community
- Full time, fixed term contract
- Based on the Tiwi Islands
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Tiwi Islands Regional Council
The Tiwi islands are located 80km north of Darwin in the beautiful Arafura Sea. There are two islands, Bathurst and Melville with a total land mass of 8320sq km. The islands are home to the Tiwi people, who have a strong affiliation with their land, a distinctive culture and language. There are school and medical facilities on the islands, with regular plane, passenger ferry and barge services operation to Darwin.
In this role you will be coordinating the maintenance of Outstation Facilities under the responsibility of the TIRC.
- Supervision of Outstations Officer;
- Coordination of equipment / machinery repairs;
- General maintenance of small engine machines;
- Working in an environmentally friendly manner;
- Pick-up and removal of garbage and vegetation products from Tiwi Outstations;
- Maintenance and operation of the refuse tips;
- Ensuring the Tiwi Islands communities common grassed areas are maintained in a clean a neat manner; and
- Proactive approach to health and safety.
Selection Criteria - Essential
- Proven ability to supervise and oversee staff;
- Proven experience in community maintenance achieving results;
- Experience in the use of associated plant and equipment such lawn mowers, whipper snippers etc;
- Reliable work ethic to attend to required hours and complete work tasks to high standard;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to be self-motivated and work efficiently with minimal supervision in remote locations;
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety and the use of personal protective equipment;
- Ability to use a computer particularly MS word and Excel; and
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Trade qualification;
- Experience in chemical spraying; and
- Previous experience in Outstations Programs.
Your application will be required to include a current CV and a written response supporting your ability to meet the selection criteria.
The Selection Criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered. Please attach copies of relevant qualifications with application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 12 October 2018
For all enquiries please contact the Human Resources team at Tiwi Islands Regional Council on 08 8970 9523.